Precast concrete is the material of choice for the design and construction of food processing plants.
- High performance precast concrete building systems provide the versatility, efficiency, and durability to meet food processing plant requirements.
- Food Processing Facilities demand certain inherent qualities: durability, energy efficiency & low maintenance costs.
- Precast concrete wall panels provide a continuous air and vapor barrier, and can help to save energy costs and meet critical industry energy efficiency standards through edge-to-edge, continuous insulation for conditioned spaces.
- Because precast concrete is the fastest, most efficient building system available, food processing plant owners can be up and running sooner.
- Precast doesn’t rot, rust, or require painting. And because precast concrete systems have fewer joints there are less risk for air or water leaks.
- Durable ledge free construction. Fewer ledges for foreign material to collect for easy cleaning
- Superior framing technology optimizes span and load-bearing capabilities.
- Precast concrete accommodates heavy loads. Supporting suspended loads beneath and heavy equipment loads above
- Precast, prestressed concrete framing systems facilitate cleanliness and meet federal government standards for food processing facility design and construction.
- Precast concrete is naturally bacteria-, mildew-, and stain-resistant, precast meets USDA Standards for Class “A” surface finishes.
- The mass of precast concrete provides an enhanced degree of thermal efficiency. Utilizing Insulated sandwich wall panels results in reduced energy consumption.
- Precast, prestressed concrete facilities outlive steel buildings due to their inherent strength, durability, and moisture control — all beneficial to food processing plant construction.
- 50-75 life cycle with precast concrete building structures