Wells Concrete was founded on the concept of prestressed concrete 60 years ago. So with that in mind, here are a few fun facts related to prestressed concrete.
Did you know? Prestress concrete has been around since the late 19th century.
Did you know? A French Engineer/Builder by the name of Eugene Freyssinet converted the concept of prestressing into a practical reality using those concepts in the early twentieth century in the design and building of bridges.
Did you know? Prestressing did not come to the US till after WWII, where it then started to flourish; people started to see alternative applications for prestressed concrete.
Did you know? PCI was formed in 1954, with the 1st PCI journal being published in 1956.
Some interesting facts from 60 years ago:
• Average Cost of gas .24 cents/gallon
• Average Cost of a new home $12,200
• Average yearly wage – $4,550
• 1957 was the peak of the Baby Boomer years (1946-1964)
• Wham-O introduced the first Frisbee.
• American Bandstand debut.
Greater Minnesota/Central Wisconsin