Business Development – Facades is responsible for the development and maintenance of the business/sales relationships with current and potential clients and to identify and prioritize pursuit opportunities. They will own leads and convert them into sales opportunities. Business Development – Facades will qualify early stage leads and opportunities to progress them through the sales process serving a vital role in development of the sales pipeline. They engage additional internal resources at the appropriate time, ultimately leading to Wells achievement of sales goals. The individual in this role will report to the Product Manager of the Facades team.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Uncover market opportunities to procure work through client relationships to achieve annual personal sales goals.
- Exercise a high level of confidentiality when dealing with staff, projects and proprietary information.
- Assists in establishing strategic plans and competitive analyses. Assists in market research efforts to understand competitors’ strengths and weaknesses and how-to better position Wells as a supplier of choice.
- Nurture relationships with key stakeholders that enable Wells to be a preferred partner engaged early in construction projects, so that we may help shape, influence, and deliver an optimal solution for customers’ needs.
- Nurture and qualify sales opportunities until additional pursuit resources are required.
- Develop detailed understanding of Wells value proposition and differentiators to effectively communicate the values and benefits to existing and potential customers.
- Participate in industry and trade events
- Work closely with internal departments to understand on-going marketing and product development initiatives to effectively guide business development activities
- Maintain and cultivate relationships and contacts with industry partners.
- Identifies market opportunities by highlighting Wells’ capabilities and expertise to Owners, Architects, Engineers, General Contractors, Construction Managers and other decision makers who may not give precast solutions full consideration.
- Maintain client information through relevant metric-based tools and CRM that allows all teammates and leadership to access relevant information for effective decision making and resource allocation.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, as well as effective listening.
- Ability to build strong, trust-based relationships
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Able to exercise appropriate discretion when handling confidential and/or sensitive information.
- Must be able to actively listen and participate in meetings along with listening to customer’s needs and wants.
- Ability to persuade and influence others to sell the product.
- Proficiency in building enclosure systems.
- Experience in multi-level market segments:
- Knowledge on the process of building process from start to finish to determine the right way to develop projects and sales opportunities for success.
- Ability to organize and establish priorities
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or Construction Management or equivalent preferred.
- 4-6 years of experience in Sales, Business Development or Construction Industry a must.
- Moderate to high risk of exposure to unusual elements.
- Moderate to high risk of safety precautions.
- General Office Environment with a moderate to high exposure to production environment.
This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job related instructions and perform job related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor. Wells Concrete is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.