For CAD Tech I: Click HERE
CAD Technician II will act as Assistant Drafter, assisting with the modeling, detailing, and production drawings. May assume Lead Drafter responsibilities on some projects.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Creates shop drawings from architectural/structural drawings and contract documents
- Works closely with the Checker, Engineer, and Architect to ensure drawings are complete and accurate containing all the information needed to properly assemble, cast, and erect the product
- Revises drawings as necessary
- Communicates between departments to avoid project delays
- Calculates quantity and material takeoffs
- Attends job meetings or site visits if necessary
- Utilizes best practice standards to determine efficiency in how the project should be produced and completed.
- Enters Data for Concrete Vision (ERP System)
- Completes special projects as requested and performs other duties as assigned
CAD Technician I will directly report to the Drafting Manager of their respective location. Assignments will be issued by the Site Drafting Manager and the Scheduling Drafting Manager.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Interpersonal communication skills to work in a team setting, as well as in 1-on-1 environment
- Ability to solve problems quickly and efficiently.
- General math skills
- Ability to visualize how materials are put together.
- Capability to meet deadlines and follow aggressive project schedules
- Two years of precast construction trade CAD experience preferred
- Motivation and self-drive required to complete a task
- Knowledge of products the company produces
- Understanding and acceptance to changes that are implemented to become best in class
- Ability to use AutoCAD, Revit, Microsoft Office and other computer software programs
- Organizational and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task and able to work on more than one project at once
- Proficiency in reading and understanding construction documents and erection drawings
- High school diploma or GED
- 2-4 year drafting degree preferred
- Predominant working conditions are a general office environment with an occasional exposure to production environment
This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job related instructions and perform job related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor. Wells Concrete is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.