Perform labor intensive concrete work in many different environments.
***THIS IS A UNION POSITION***
***CONTINGENT ON PASSING A DRUG SCREEN AND PHYSICAL***
***NO EXPERIENCE NEEDED–WILL TRAIN***
***JOB MAY/WILL REQUIRE OVERTIME AND WEEKENDS***
$18.30/HR TO START
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with co-workers to strip, set-up and pour the bed in a timely manner.
- Work with the Quality Control Department to ensure optimal quality.
- Take direction from their Team Leader and Supervisor.
- Flexible to perform work in any area including Architectural, Spancrete, Yard, Finish Building, and other areas as needed.
- Maintain a safe environment and have good housekeeping skills while working.
- Participate in Lean Manufacturing objectives and improves the efficiencies of the department.
- Have knowledge of quality program and be able to perform quality work.
- Come to work with a good attitude and work the hours needed to fulfill the job requirements.
- Comfortable operating heavy equipment, including, but not limited to forklifts, bobcats, and cranes.
- Knowledgeable of day-to-day tasks that are performed and are aware of what the next step is without being told.
- Maintain a professional relationship with employees in the plant and office.
- Support company policies and have a positive attitude while working.
- Must be able to handle the physical demands of the job including, but not limited to pushing, pulling, lifting, bending, climbing, kneeling, twisting, squatting, and crawling.
- Complete special projects as requested and performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Must have interpersonal communication skills to interact with co-workers, supervisors, and managers.
- Must be able to solve problems quickly and efficiently.
- General math skills and ability to read tape measure.
- Physically able to lift to 100 lbs, bend, stoop, kneel and climb
- Ability to work with others to get the project completed efficiently and work independently when needed
- High school diploma or GED
- Moderate to high risk of exposure to unusual elements.
- Moderate to high risk of safety precautions.
- Moderate to high exposure to production environment.
This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job related instructions and perform job related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.
Wells Concrete is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.