Provide front-line supervision to our Production employees and make sure product is produced to meet deadlines while maintaining the best quality product for our customers.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with the Plant manager to order materials needed for production.
- Assist Team Leaders on the daily schedule and issues that arise.
- Work with the Production Manager to schedule jobs for production.
- Maintain a professional relationship with the drafting department and assist them with pour tickets.
- Work with the Yard Team Leader to schedule shipping of product to job sites.
- Sets up times for crew and number of crew members for production, patch and finishing work.
- Work together with Human Resources to actively recruit future production employees.
- Train employees in new procedures to become more efficient.
- Move production crews around for best efficiency.
- Work with the Maintenance Department to complete needed equipment maintenance.
- Lead, manage, and hold all production employees accountable.
- Sign off on shipping tickets for billing.
- Maintain a safe environment and educate employees of safety topics.
- Work with Quality Control to have the highest level of quality for our customers.
- Complete special projects as requested and performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Experience with Microsoft Office.
- Must have interpersonal communication skills to interact with employees.
- Ability to supervise, manage, and facilitate others in a positive way
- Ability to train and coach other employees when necessary.
- Ability to work with others to get the project completed efficiently.
- Must be able to solve problems quickly and efficiently.
- Knowledge of products the company uses and which products would work best.
- Ability to organize schedules, people, and equipment for maximum production.
- Understand the production process as a whole to be able to coordinate schedules.
- Understands and accepts changes that are implemented to become best in Class.
- Knowledgeable with all of the company safety procedures.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 2-4 year college degree or 2-3 years experience in Precast Concrete preferred
- 1-3 years of experience in supervision preferred
- PCI Level II within 2 years of hire
WORKING CONDITIONS/PAY SCALE
- Moderate to high risk of exposure to unusual elements.
- Moderate to high risk of safety precautions.
- General Office Environment with a high exposure to production environment.
This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job related instructions and perform job related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor. Wells Concrete is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.