Provide front-line supervision to our production, yard shipping personnel and oversee dispatch. Make sure product is produced and delivered to meet deadlines while maintaining the best quality product for our customers.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with the Plant manager to order materials needed for production and yard.
- Assist Team Leaders on the daily schedule and issues that arise.
- Work with the Production Manager to schedule jobs for production.
- Oversees communication dispatch has with the Field Service crews to schedule deliveries to the job site and sign off on shipping tickets for billing.
- Reviews dispatch load list for each project based on sequence of delivery and weights of pieces of product.
- Maintain a professional relationship with the drafting/engineering department and assist them with pour tickets.
- Sets up times for crew and number of crew members for yard and production.
- Work together with Human Resources to ensure employees are adhering to company policies.
- Train employees in new procedures to become more efficient.
- Work with the Maintenance personal to complete needed equipment maintenance.
- Lead, manage, and hold all production and yard employees accountable.
- Maintain a safe environment and educate employees of safety topics.
- Work with Quality Control to have the highest level of quality for our customers.
- Approval of weekly timecards, and vacation requests of production and yard personnel.
- Complete special projects as requested and performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Experience with Microsoft Office.
- Must have interpersonal communication skills to interact with employees and to keep strong relationships with customers and contractors.
- Ability to supervise, facilitate, train and coach others in a positive way
- Ability to work with others to get the project completed efficiently.
- Must be able to solve problems quickly and efficiently.
- Knowledge of products the company uses and which products would work best.
- Ability to organize schedules, people, and equipment for maximum production and delivery.
- Understands and accepts changes that are implemented to become best in Class.
- Knowledgeable with all of the company safety procedures
- Know the necessary regulations for trucks hauling heavy materials over the road. (Federal and state regulations).
- Have an overall knowledge of how the Field erection process occurs to determine which materials need to be at the jobsite and when.
- 2-4 year college degree preferred
- 2-5 years of experience in supervision
- PCI Level II within 2 years of hire
- Moderate to high risk of exposure to unusual elements.
- Moderate to high risk of safety precautions.
- General Office Environment with a high exposure to production environment.
This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job related instructions and perform job related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor. Wells Concrete is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.