The Project Checker is responsible for the quality assurance of models/documents on assigned projects created by the drafter throughout the drafting process, ensuring compliance with contract documents, project specifications, engineering requirements, and Wells Concrete standard operating procedures. The Project Checker also serves as a Liaison Coordinator between outsourced drafting and engineering resources and our internal operations..
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides Quality Assurance of accuracy of Revit Models allowing for successful transfer of BIM data across multiple platforms within Wells operations
- Checks Erection Drawings for dimensional accuracy to construction documents and general conformance to specifications, application of project details, standard operating procedure, and engineering requirements
- Checks early material takeoffs for procurement, as well as production material sheets and final order quantities
- Checks erection/site material sheets for conformance to design and drawings, as well as for accurate quantities
- Checks pour tickets for accuracy to erection drawings, formatting, and clarity
- Reviews, publishes, and submits all pour tickets and material orders from outsourced drafting firms
- Signs off on finalized erection drawings and ensures finalized drawings are provided to Project Management
- Coordinates with other departments as non-conformances occur to resolve the issues quickly and efficiently
- Initiates modeling of new projects before handing off to CAD detailing team
- Monitors the general drafting workflow on assigned projects for adherence to standard operating procedure and schedule tracking
- Completes special projects as requested and performs other duties as assigned
- Leads drafting teams and allocates subtasks as necessary to ensure project progress is efficient and on schedule
- Communicates between departments to avoid project delays
- Project Checker will directly report to the Drafting Manager of their respective location. Assignments will be issued by the Site Drafting Manager and the Scheduling Drafting Manager.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Interpersonal communication skills to work in a team setting, as well as in 1-on-1 environment
- Ability to lead and collaborate with other employees with respect and dignity
- Capacity to interact with many people internally and externally to solve problems quickly and efficiently
- General knowledge of Microsoft Office, Bluebeam, and other collaborative applications
- Proficiency or ability to become proficient in the use of Revit for general modeling of structures
- Two years extensive prefabrication checking experience preferred
- General geometry and trigonometry skills
- Motivation and self-drive to complete a task
- Understanding and acceptance of changes that are implemented to become best in class
- Proficiency in reading and understanding construction documents and shop drawings
- Ability to visualize details within the production/erection process
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma or GED
- Associates Degree in Design, Computer Aided Drafting or Occupational Proficiency Diploma related degree preferred but not required.
- Predominant working conditions are a general office environment with an occasional exposure to production environment.
This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job related instructions and perform job related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor. Wells Concrete is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.