The Quality Control Inspector is responsible for confirming dimensional conformance, proper reinforcement placement, wet and hardened concrete properties, and aesthetic quality of all precast/prestressed product produced, in accordance with applicable project specifications and industry standards.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Pre-pour inspection of molds/forms and reinforcement.
- Post-pour inspection of cast product.
- Assist in wet and hardened concrete testing per ACI and PCI standards, as needed.
- Program, setup, and monitor curing system, as needed.
- Compliance with safety policy and procedures.
- Maintains complete Quality Control documentation for inspections and testing performed.
- Documents non-conformances on product and follows up on necessary repairs to ensure product is acceptable prior to shipment.
- Obtain the required ACI Concrete Field-Testing Technician Grade 1 and applicable PCI.
- Quality Control Technician certifications.
- Acts in professional manner that demonstrates the individual has good character and can be trusted by all employees.
- Complete special projects as requested and performs other duties as assigned.
**RESUME IS REQUIRED OR APPLICATION WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED**
**CONTINGENT- ON PASSING DRUG/PHYSICAL**
Starting wage $18-20/hr. depending on qualifications
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Demonstrated experience in print reading and inspection of complex mold/form setups for geometry and reinforcing steel placement.
- Reading comprehension for specifications and ASTM and PCI requirements.
- Ability to assist in the manufacture of concrete products while maintaining objectivity in determining product acceptability.
- Must have interpersonal communication skills to interact with co-workers, supervisors, and managers
- General math skills and ability to accurately read a tape measure.
- Knowledge of applicable safety procedures
- Must be motivated and self-driven to complete a task.
- Must be able to salve problems quickly and efficiently.
- Experience with Microsoft office.
- Learn the skills needed for efficient and safe operation of the ready-mix truck.
- Be able to lift 75 lbs.
- Standing, walking constantly, climbing, kneeling, balancing, stooping, and crawling occasionally.
- High school diploma or GED
- Moderate to high risk of exposure to unusual elements.
- Moderate to high risk of safety precautions.
- Moderate to high exposure to production environment.
This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job related instructions and perform job related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor. Wells Concrete is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.