Guthrie Theater & Ramp
Guthrie finished construction of a 285,000-square foot facility with three separate theaters, education spaces, administrative offices, a production shop, and a multilevel, 1,000-car parking garage ramp. The Guthrie Theater replicates the original theater’s signature thrust stage (1,150 seats) in addition to a proscenium stage (700 seats) for more contemporary work, and a flexible space (250 seats) for new work and actor/artist development.
Precast seating risers are used at the theaters signature Thrust Stage and at the Proscenium Stage, Precast stadia risers are also used at the end of the 178 foot cantilevered bridge called the “Endless Bridge”. The adjacent parking structure utilizes precast foundation walls and stair and elevator shaft wall taking advantage of the tighter tolerances for precast concrete.
- 1,000 car ramp with two levels below grade and six levels above grade
- Designed to comply with the City of Minneapolis design standards
- A post-tensioned concrete structure
- Two skyway bridges and a tunnel connecting to the Theater
- The ramp also supports the Scene Shop on the top level