The Accounts Payable Accountant reports to the Controller and is responsible for the overall vendor management, timely paying of vendor invoices, and review of check requests/bills. The Accounts Payable Accountant is also responsible for transaction level entries and ensuring invoices are coded correctly for each of Wells Concrete’s business units (Prestress products, Ready Mix, and Concrete Products).
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review invoices as well as check requests.
- Sort, organize and match bills and check demands.
- Set invoices up for payment procedure.
- Put together and process Company accounts payable checks, wire exchanges and ACH obligations.
- Reconciliation of obligations.
- Prepare analysis associated with accounts.
- Monitor Company accounts to ensure payments to be up to date.
- Resolve bill discrepancies.
- Vendor document maintenance.
- Correspond along with vendors and react to inquiries.
- Produce month-to-month reports.
- Assist in 7 days end closing.
- Complete special projects as requested and performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Must have interpersonal communication skills to interact with co-workers, supervisors, and managers.
- Ability to lead, train, and coach other employees.
- Must be able to solve problems quickly and efficiently.
- Microsoft Excel experience a must.
- Detail oriented and organized in work.
- Ability to meet assigned deadline.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving, and results.
- Proactive and independent.
- Flexible and enthusiastic.
- Must be motivated and self driven to complete a task.
- Knowledge of products the company uses and which products would work best.
- Strong understanding of accounts payable.
- Knowledge of common accounting procedures.
- Understanding of relevant computer programs proficient in data admittance and management.
- Strong analytical skill.
- Organizing as well as prioritizing ability.
- Understand and accepts changes that are implemented to become Best in Class.
- Associate’s Degree in Accounting or related degree preferred
- 2 years of private industry or public accounting experience preferred
- Low to moderate risk of exposure to unusual elements.
- Low to moderate risk of safety precautions.
- Low to moderate exposure to production environment.
Please send resume and cover letter to Kathy DeZeller at email@example.com.