Wells Concrete is accepting resumes for a precast concrete Civil engineer who is responsible for the design of precast structures and managing the drafter(s) who are producing the plans for said precast structures. This position reports to the Chief Engineer.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Answers questions regarding engineering issues.
- Reviews Architectural/Structural plans and does required calculations to ensure structural integrity
- Manages drafter(s) preparing shop drawings/pour tickets
- Meet with Eng./Arch/Owner as required
- Ensures safe structures, safe working conditions, quality products, quality service, and satisfied customers by working with all departments within the company.
- Provide sales staff with engineering support for prospect jobs.
- Visits job sites during the erection process.
- Follows up with the contractor regarding the progression of the project.
- Overlooks shops drawings and other calculations.
- Handles concerns and issues as necessary during any phase of the project.
- Needs to make quick, educated decisions based on needs and requirements.
- Prepares appropriate fixes for errors that have occurred on the projects.
- Works with the customers and contractors during difficult stages of production of their product.
- Overviews all facets of project from start to finish.
- Complete special projects as requested and performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Must have interpersonal communication skills to interact with co-workers, supervisors, and managers.
- Ability to interact with customers in a professional manner.
- Ability to train and coach other employees if necessary.
- Must be able to solve problems quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to work with others to get the project completed efficiently.
- Must be motivated and self-driven to complete a task.
- Understand and accepts changes that are implemented to become Best in Class.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office/Design software.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Professional Registration (when able to)
- 0-5 years of Engineering experience preferred
- Moderate to high risk of exposure to unusual elements.
- Moderate to high risk of safety precautions.
- General Office Environment with a moderate to high exposure to job-site environment.
Wells Concrete is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to workplace diversity.
Please send resume and cover letter to Kathy Dezeller at firstname.lastname@example.org.