Location: Maple Grove, MN
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leading a team of drafters to, on a project basis, interface with customers, sales, operations, engineering, and project management to create construction documents using CAD/Revit software. Drawing details include all views and dimensions necessary for clear and accurate presentation, fabrication and erection of precast panels and architectural systems and structures
- Recruiting, staffing and developing drafting team members.
- Assessing individual performance, providing performance feedback and determining appropriate compensation/rewards
- Planning and assigning work to the draftingteam to meet project schedule and cost deadlines
- Coordinating with companywide Drafting Managers to enforce quality assurance, effective resource allocation, and continuous improvement
- Work with BIM Manager to ensure BIM practices coincide with efficient and effective drafting practice
- Aiding in establishment and maintenance of standards and procedures for generating models, drawings, and associated documents
- Coordinating drafting needs with sales, engineering and project managers to effectively deploy drafting resources. Work with all departments on continuous improvement initiatives to ensure high customer satisfaction and achieving desired quality, timeliness and cost objectives.
- Overseeing drafting hours while ensuring productivity and promoting a healthy and positive work environment
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Seven to ten years’ experience in drafting, with a strong preference in precast, construction and/or architectural industries, where “design and build” were critical to success.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- In depth knowledge and utilization of computer aided drafting software, with a strong ability to adapt to advancements in software and technology.
- A background in successfully interfacing with customers, engineering, operations and project management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Construction Management, or related degree preferred
- Intermittent field / jobsite visits, will require safety precautions, and which may coincide with exposure to harsh weather.
- Predominant working conditions are a general office environment with an occasional exposure to production environment.
Please send resume and cover letter to Kathleen Borgren at firstname.lastname@example.org.