Location: Rosemount, MN
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Dispatch (approximately 80%)
- Schedule and dispatch transportation of finished goods to jobsites.
- Heavy coordination with production, field supervisors and yard employees to ensure scheduling and dispatch occurs accurately, efficiently and timely. Coordination includes intermittent presence in the yard and interacting with yard employees.
- Communicate with drivers regarding schedule, loads, schedule changes and route changes
- Input and maintain accurate and timely dispatch data in the Company’s operations management IT system (Concrete Vision).
- Regularly updating the General Manager on dispatch issues and their resolution.
Purchasing (approximately 10%)
- Interface, on an as needed basis, with vendors who automatically replenish certain production related inventory. Also, coordinate with Albany plant procurement department on high dollar inventory (strand, lumber, etc.) to ensure Rosemount is properly equipped from a raw materials standpoint.
- Input and maintain accurate and timely purchasing data in the Company’s operations management IT system (Navision).
Human Resources and Plant Administration (approximately 10%)
- Answer incoming phone calls.
- Coordinate / schedule employment activities with the temporary staffing agency (interviews, drug screens, etc.)
- Assist in annual open enrollment process.
Assisting General Manager in tracking operating results relating to monthly plant incentive plan.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Proficiency in MS Excel and MS Word.
- A background in data input and retrieval utilizing enterprise resource management (ERM) systems.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully multi-task in a fast paced environment where priorities change quickly.
- Self-motivated and solutions oriented.
- Class D driver’s license required to drive yard pick-up truck.
- Ability to relate effectively with different constituents (drivers, plant employees, customers and suppliers).
- Physical requirements include walking, sitting, office equipment usage and lifting up to 10 pounds.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- HS diploma required, bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Education should evidence proficiency in basic math and algebra.
- A minimum of four years’ experience in planning and scheduling in a delivery intensive setting such as trucking, logistics, supply chain management or just-in-time inventory management.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PAY SCALE
- Moderate to high risk of exposure to unusual elements.
- Moderate to high risk of safety precautions.
- General Office Environment with a moderate exposure to production and outdoor environment.
- Base Wage = $19 – $22 / hour + incentive
Visit wellsconcrete.com, local Management or Human Resources for an application.
Please send resume and cover letter to Kathy DeZeller at firstname.lastname@example.org.