The payroll analyst is responsible for assisting in the payroll process for approximately 800 employees.
Location: Albany, MN
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with processing weekly, multi-state payroll.
- Become proficient in processing weekly payroll to provide backup in cases of scheduled or unforeseen absences by other payroll professionals.
- Process new hire paperwork and employee changes to payroll, and enter into ERP system.
- Enter and verify timesheets for traveling field crews, tracking state taxes for job location, and job cost information.
- Calculate and verify per diems, based on collective bargaining agreements.
- Certified payroll, and prevailing wage reporting.
- Calculate and pay union fringe benefits, file union reports, and manage union audits.
- Follow established processes to ensure system integrity, consistency, and accuracy of the payroll.
- Continuously look for process improvements to create efficiency.
- Research issues, and follow up on employee questions.
- Employment and wage verifications.
- Compile reports as needed.
- Complete testing for software upgrades.
- Complete special projects as requested, and perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Understanding of basic accounting principles.
- Detail oriented and organized in work.
- Ability to meet deadlines is critical.
- Ability to maintain sensitive employee information in a confidential manner.
- Strong understanding of payroll procedures.
- Excellent compuer skills; i.e. Excel, Outlook, Word, and experience with payrol/ERP systems.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Must be motivated and self driven to complete a task.
- Kronos or other timekeeping software experience preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Must have interpersonal communication skills to interact with co-workers, supervisors, and managers.
- Ability to use good judgement.
- Willingness to be flexible.
- Bachelor’s Degree, or Associates Degree with related experience.
- 3+ years payroll experience.
- Low to Moderate risk of exposure to unusual elements.
- Low to Moderate exposure to production environment.
This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job related instructions and perform job related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.
Please send resume and cover letter to Kathy DeZeller at firstname.lastname@example.org.