The Project Manager is responsible for managing the project from drafting and engineering, into production, through erection and job close out. In doing so, the position supports both sales and construction services as necessary.
Location: Wells, MN
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Attend meetings with internal and external parties regarding the planning and progress of projects as well as job follow up.
- Keep aware of all current costs of materials, labor and services.
- Work closely with Marketing, Purchasing, Production, Drafting, Engineering, Erection and Accounting departments.
- Visit jobsites to ensure quality and listen to the crews and contractors concerns and ideas of how to improve the current project and future projects.
- Review and process all construction documents, contracts and change orders.
- Direct contact with all principal customers by visitation or telephone conversation.
- Sources necessary drawings, construction materials and equipment for erection crews.
- Preparation and/or review of sub -contracts.
- Ability to schedule all phases of new projects in coordination with all other project managers and company departments.
- Understanding of all trades required in a building project and their effect on precast components.
- Problem solving, ability to minimize or avoid problems or conflicts between our company and contractors or owner.
- Ability to meet with architects, engineers, contractors and owners at project progress meetings, and relay information gained, back to our Drafting, Engineering and Erection departments.
- Monitor and analyze each phase of the job cost system.
- Ability to perform sales duties for walk-in and telephone customers.
- Serve as a contact person for caulking, washing and cutting of precast.
- Delivery of precast embed steel to construction sites as needed
- Monitor production clip board and production schedules and inform contractors and field staff if delays are possible that will impact schedule.
- Helps complete punch list items by getting information, materials and paper work to proper crews to complete items.
- Be familiar with all company products, applications and capabilities.
- Review the production sequence and ensure product is being produced on schedule to allow erection to meet deadlines.
- Determine the proper erection sequence based on the site and precast produced to get the field crew started efficiently and effectively.
- Attend sales meetings, conventions and award functions as needed.
- Ability to read construction documents and relay concerns to the design team.
- Cost accounting knowledge (the ability to translate past information to present condition)
- Ability to work with P.C., Excel and other software programs.
- Ability to converse with department heads, architects, engineers, contractors and clients.
- Monitor submittal drawing schedules and ensure they are submitted in advance of production dates.
- Understanding of the precast industry.
- Attend industry conventions as appropriate.
- Complete special projects as requested and performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Must have interpersonal communication skills to interact with co-workers, customers, and contractors.
- Ability to train and coach other employees if necessary.
- Must be able to solve problems quickly and efficiently.
- Must be able to lead a team with respect and dignity.
- Must be motivated and self driven to complete a task.
- Understand and accepts changes that are implemented to become Best in Class.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to travel with some overnights
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, or related degree preferred
- 3+ years of precast experience preferred or related construction experience
- Moderate to high risk of exposure to unusual elements due to construction site varying conditions.
- Moderate to high risk of safety precautions due to construction site varying conditions.
- General Office Environment with a low to moderate exposure to production environment.