- Performs tests on concrete after batching.
- Evaluate the product that was tested.
- Creates representative cylinders for strength testing.
- Performs pre- and post-pour inspections on casting beds and finished product.
- Addresses non-conformance items found in inspections.
- Provides information for PCI (Precast Concrete Institute) audits.
- Organizes files according to PCI (Precast Concrete Institute) standards.
- Records all concrete data on each form poured.
- Determines how to correct production errors if necessary.
- Performs maintenance and calibrations on lab equipment.
- Obtains gradations, moistures, and absorptions.
- Attends all monthly safety meetings.
- Inputs data such as non-conformances into Concrete Vision (Computer Based System).
- Works side-by-side with production personnel to ensure conformance.
- Reviews and updates Quality Systems Manual (QSM).
- Works with yard crew and finishing crew for structural and aesthetic fixes.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Proficient with computers and data entry.
- Strong blueprint reading skills.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully multi-task in fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to use and read a tape measure.
- Must have basic mathematical skills.
- Self-motivated and solutions oriented.
- Knowledge and understanding of concrete mixtures.
- Ability to work in a physically demanding environment (lifting up to 50 pounds, frequent bending and stooping.
- Ability to follow safety and production work rules.
- Display interpersonal skills to relate to other employees.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- HS diploma required or GED.
- PCI I/II certifications preferred or attainment within 9 months of hire date.
- Precast experience preferred, but not required.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PAY SCALE
- Moderate to high risk of exposure to unusual elements.
- Moderate to high risk of safety precautions.
- Limited normal office conditions.
- Base Wage = $17 to $20 / Hour + incentive
Please send resume and cover letter to Kathy DeZeller at email@example.com.