Wells Concrete has an immediate opening for a Vice President – Human Resources, Health and Safety; the location of the position is negotiable. This newly created position reports to the President/CEO and is responsible for driving continuous improvement in the safety, health, welfare and overall employment satisfaction for the company.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- As a member of the executive staff, this position will collaborate with other department heads and the President on strategic initiatives. The ability to function effectively as part of a team including a broad range of responsibilities and backgrounds is critical.
- Oversee Human Resources and Safety departments for Wells Concrete (staff of 9 direct and 5 indirect)
- Provide oversight and support for local Safety Managers and together with that group, design and implement safety programs that continuously improve our efforts to “do no harm to people.”
- Provide oversight and support for local Human Resources Managers and together with that group, design and implement compensation and benefits plans that are fiscally responsible while maximizing overall employment satisfaction.
- Drive the company efforts aimed at leadership development and performance management.
- Provide oversight and support for Labor Relations Manager and directly participate in negotiations with various bargaining units.
- Coordinate with CFO and Compliance Manager on all regulatory filing requirements.
- Manage and communicate applicable aspects of all incentive programs in place. Proactively initiate enhancements to existing programs or replace with alternate programs.
- Manage legal aspects of employment related to acquisitions, divestitures, etc.
- Miscellaneous duties associated with HR, safety and general office management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Experience implementing and managing formal safety programs;
- Experience implementing and managing formal compensation, performance management and benefit plans;
- Strong exposure to and experience in employment law;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Experience with managing supervisory staff in multiple locations;
- Ability to travel up to 25% including some overnight travel.
- Bachelor’s degree required with a strong preference for Human Resources major;
- Minimum 7 years of experience in Human Resources, Safety or Employment Law;
- Human Resources or Safety certifications preferred.
- General Office Environment with a low to moderate exposure to production environment.
Wells Concrete is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to workplace diversity. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Please send resume and cover letter to Dan Juntunen at Dan.Juntunen@wellsconcrete.com.