STMA Ice Arena Addition
This $8,910,000 total precast project is a 37,000 square foot expansion of their existing ice arena. The expansion was necessary as the demand for the existing arena outgrew the services currently available; the school district’s hockey programs have outgrown the arena’s ability to accommodate their increasing number of spectators.
The exterior façade of the expansion looks amazing, with 10’ wide acid etch, sandblast and water washed insulated wall panels. In total, Wells Concrete manufactured and erected more than 31,000 square feet precast concrete, additional products included hollowcore and architectural wall panels.
The expansion includes:
- A second sheet of ice parallel to the existing sheet of ice
- Varsity locker rooms for girls and boys varsity teams
- Additional locker rooms for tournament use
- Toilets, sinks and showers to serve locker rooms
- A meeting room for team and community use
- Elevated lobby to maximize spectator viewing space
- Parking to accommodate 220 spots (117 spots at current arena)
- Spectator seating for 720 (existing rink has 400)
- Standing room for 180 in the arena
- Standing or sitting room for 50 spectators in the lobby
- Standing or sitting room for 50 in the community room
- Amenities including concessions and restrooms
- Heated and accessible viewing options
The current ice arena is equally owned by the school district and the Cities of St. Michael and Albertville. The ice arena is utilized by the district’s high school boys and girls hockey teams as well as STMA youth hockey.
Progress video here: https://vimeo.com/255807006/254cd1b43a
|Products||Square Feet||# of Pieces|
|10’ Wide Arch Insulated Wall Panels||26,949||98|
|Arch Solid Wall||370||1|
For more information about this project, contact Rick Ostgard.