The Quality Control Technician is responsible for wet and hardened concrete properties testing of all precast/prestressed product produced in our plants, in accordance with applicable project specifications and industry standards.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Wet and hardened concrete testing per ACI/ASTM and PCI standards.
- Program, setup, and monitor curing system.
- Aggregate gradation/sieve analysis testing per ASTM standards.
- Compliance with safety policy and procedures.
- Maintains complete Quality Control documentation for testing performed.
- Assist with pre-pour and post-pour inspection as needed and with proper training.
- Obtain the required ACI Concrete Field Testing Technician Grade 1 and applicable PCI Quality Control Technician certifications.
- Acts in professional manner that demonstrates the individual has good character and can be trusted by all employees.
- Complete special projects as requested and performs other duties as assigned.
***POSTION CONTINGENT ON PASSING PHYSICAL/DRUG SCREEN***
***STARING PAY $18 WITH THE CHANCE OF BEING MORE WITH EXPERIENCE***
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Reading comprehension for specifications and ASTM and PCI requirements.
- Ability to assist in the manufacture of concrete products while maintaining objectivity in determining product acceptability.
- Must have interpersonal communication skills to interact with co-workers, supervisors, and managers.
- Must be able to solve problems quickly and efficiently.
- General math skills and ability to accurately read a tape measure.
- Knowledge of applicable safety procedures
- Must be motivated and self driven to complete a task.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PAY SCALE
- Moderate to high risk of exposure to unusual elements.
- Moderate to high risk of safety precautions.
- Moderate to high exposure to production environment.
This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job related instructions and perform job related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor. Wells Concrete is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.