Fabrication of production assemblies used in the field that meet the Company’s and PCI’s requirements a certified welder.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operates forklifts, welders, all shears and punches, drill presses, and band saws.
- Builds and sets up own jigs.
- Perform welding tasks that meet the welding requirements established by the Company and PCI.
- Ability to read basic blueprints.
- Knowledge/experience working with gas/acetylene torch.
- Proficient skills in arc welding, SMAW
- Must have reliable transportation/current DL
***Must pass post-offer drug screen and physical assessment.
***Start is $18/hr. Once the welding test is passed, increase to $20
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Physically able to lift, bend, stoop, climb onto forms and trailer beds.
- Have adequate knowledge of the English language to be able to read steel orders, blueprints, and be able to communicate with other members of the crew.
- Be an authorized forklift operator or be capable of learning the skills of operating a forklift. (Wells Concrete will train).
- Be experienced in operating overhead crane-ways. (Wells Concrete will train).
- Lift, carry materials weighing up to 50 lbs. frequently.
- Climb up and down from forms and trailer beds (approximately waist high).
- Standing, walking constantly, climbing, kneeling, crouching frequently, balancing, stooping, crawling occasionally.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Welding training/education or one-year welding work experience
- Moderate to high risk of exposure to unusual elements.
- Moderate to high risk of safety precautions.
- Comfortable working year-round outdoors
This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job related instructions and perform job related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.
Wells Concrete is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.