Download our Hollowcore Design Data Brochure. Hollowcore is an extruded prestressed concrete slab with continuous voids to reduce weight and cost. Ultra-Span’s hollowcore extruder technology uses a concrete mix that produces a high quality slab with an optimal water/cement ratio. As a result the hollowcore slab cures in as little as six hours. No additives required. Using up to 10% less cement than competing technologies means more money in the client’s pocket.I t is primarily used as a floor and roof deck system. Hollowcore is very economical and provides great design flexibility. It is used in many different building systems. This unique product is strong and durable and allows for significant floor loading and clear spans.
- 4 feet wide
- Sections for 8”, 10”, 12”
- Floors: 30 to 40 / Roofs: 40 to 50 span-to-depth ratios
Advantages of Hollowcore
- Machine-cast panel provides greater cost efficiency
- Compatible with steel, masonry, and other precast structures
- Indoor manufacturing ensures consistent quality and allows for year-round production
- Fast erection schedule reduces down time for other trades and decreases the overall build time; speed of construction can reduce overall project time, cost and overhead
- The steel form finish on the underside allows for a smooth paintable surface for a finished ceiling
- Fire resistant, offering in excess of 2 hours fire ratings with no additional fireproofing required and can reduce insurance cost and potential loss of life and property
- Sound resistant providing STC ratings of 50 or more
- Provide economical and efficient floor and roof systems
- Costly repairs or replacement due to water damage or other types of accidents are drastically reduced compared with wood construction
- PCI Certified Plant insures a quality product manufactured under strict regulations.